Tuesday, October 22, 2019

The things they don’t warn you about before losing weight

I started really focusing on weight loss and getting healthier on Valentine’s Day this year. February 14th. Roughly 8 months ago. At that point, I was at my highest weight ever, completely infertile after having six miscarriages and going through fertility treatment, and just sick of feeling trapped in my own skin. I saw my doctor to make sure she was involved with everything I planned on doing and would be able to monitor me throughout my weight loss to make sure I didn’t do anything wrong or dumb and got started. I worked my way up to working out six days a week for an hour at a time. I cut my portions in half, cut sugar out almost entirely and cut my carbs severely. I maintain an intake of 1600-2000 calories per day and make sure to burn 800-1000 per day in my workout. With PCOS and Empty Sella Turcica working against me, I have to be pretty strict. In those eight months, I’ve managed to lose 78 pounds which feels absolutely amazing. I’ve had to buy a new wardrobe, adjust my seat in the car, I can fit on rollercoasters I never dreamed of, I no longer dread my photo being taken. My fertility isn’t 100% dead anymore. It’s wonderful. However there has been a downside. I find myself completely overly emotional where I have never been before. I cry at the drop of a hat. The smallest most insignificant thing will set me up. For example, I heard a song that is the theme song to my favorite tv show. Said TV show is ending after this year. Que me sobbing on the couch for half an hour feeling like the world’s biggest weirdo. I’ve also seemed to have shrunk. I had read that most people tend to grow when they lose weight. Not me. I’ve lost nearly two inches. Since I was six feet tall to begin with. I shouldn’t really complain, but I’m still going to. Because, as I mentioned, I’m crazy emotional. Has anyone else experienced anything like these things? I can’t possibly be alone here.

submitted by /u/TheAmyHead
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MG4awB

No comments:

Post a Comment