Tuesday, October 22, 2019

EAT HEALTHY!

I know this might seem obvious to some... But I see some sentiments around where people say "you don't have to eat healthy to lose weight, you just need to eat less calories." This is stupid and makes life unnecessarily difficult.

I fell into that mindset for a while and just tried eating less without really changing what I eat and it was tough. But as of this year I've really focused on cutting down carbs and sugar and generally eating better.

The results are a LOT better because what I didn't realize is that healthy foods are extremely filling in far less calories. For example, a Chipotle bowl with 2x chicken, rice, black beans, lettuce, and pico is about 730 calories and close to 100% of my daily intake for protein. (yes I know it's a bit high in sodium) This is enough food for me to even split into two meals because it's so dense and filling.

On the flip side, 2 poptarts can run up 450 calories and I wouldn't even feel remotely full, and I get basically no nutritional value.

In fact, I've been actually trying to gain muscle and find it difficult to reliably hit even 2000 calories, whereas before I could kill down 1500 calories in a single trip to Buffalo Wild Wings.

Having dense, nutrituous, low carb healthy meals really stretches your calories out further and makes them feel more fulfilling. That's why eating healthy is important in weight loss. Besides the obvious health benefits, of course, lol.

submitted by /u/ChuggingDadsCum
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35WknWc

No comments:

Post a Comment