Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Life at UGW (Ultimate Goal Weight)

I got there about a month ago, and I want to tell you how it feels. Visualize this: 1) When you are getting ready in the morning, you can put on your makeup naked, because you look good 2) Getting dressed is easy. Your clothes fit, and no matter what, you know it won't make you look bad - or at least heavy 3) A bad hair or face day is MUCH less bad, because you feel good 4) You feel confident and excited in the bedroom 5) When you catch someone looking at you eating in a restaurant, you know they aren't judging you (paranoid, maybe, but we've all had that feeling) 6) Your energy is so much higher - you want to go out 7) You know you look good. You don't need the reassurance from friends and acquaintances 8) You find it easier to give people the benefit of the doubt when they do comment on your weight/appearance 9) You did it. You feel proud, and the discipline you employed to get there creeps into other areas of your life

Losing the weight hasn't solved every problem in my life - no way! But I feel so damn good everyday, and I want to tell you that how you imagine you will feel? I think you will. I do.

How did I get here?

No black magic! I did CICO, like everyone here, and I also am keto. But the weight loss is from tracking and managing calories. Period!

I had every excuse in the book for how I put on weight, and they were all true! Terrible breakup, new city, PCOS, depression, lower metabolism after 30. But the reason, truly, was eating too much.

In high school and through my mid-20s, I had always been 113-115lbs @ 5ft 4.75in. (It's a BMI of ~19, healthy.) When I began, I was 133.4 and had been avoiding the scale for many years. My original goal was just to get under 120, because I didn't think my body could get back to lower at 38 years old. I was wrong, and I didn't starve myself down, either. I was just consistent. I'm now between 114lbs-115lbs, maintaining and tracking.

I just want to pass on the joy, because you, too, will feel great when you get to your own personal goal weight. Your real goal weight, not your settling but unsatisfied weight. And you can get there. For me, it was gaining and losing almost 15% of my body weight. For you, it might be 150lbs or just 10lbs.

Best of luck on your journey! Know that it is worth it!

P.S. You guys are great, and following this sub is and was my biggest source of motivation (besides really wanting it myself!)

TL;DR: UGW feels as good as I thought it would. It's worth the effort, big time. And if I can do it, so can you!

submitted by /u/simaeich
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2p7NzbU

No comments:

Post a Comment