Tuesday, October 22, 2019

weight loss plateau (advice needed)

Im a male standing at at 5’10 and 25 years old. I bought into the stupid idea of dirty bulking and over the last 6 months accumulated a decent amount of fat.

I was trying to do some moderate weight loss so that I could retain as much muscle as possible, however if you look at the volume i’m doing you would assume i’m taking more drastic measures to cut weight but it just isn’t working.

I’ve been cutting weight for 6 weeks now

starting weight 194

weight as of this morning 184.8

My BMR is 1800 cal

I’m eating between 2000-2200 calories per day I lift weights 45-60min 6 days a week. I was also doing 30min, but this past week I bumped it up to 1 hour a day in total. The way I do cardio i’m burning 1000 calories per hour. But somehow i’ve been hovering around 183-185 lbs for about a week now. (cardio is steady state treadmill 15% incline and 3.7-4.0 mph broken into 2 sessions)

I count every calorie I eat and do my 60 minutes of cardio every day I can’t understand why i’m not losing weight at this point. If anyone has any suggestions i’m definitely open.

I’ve cut weight before from 195-170 on a very very strict diet of 1200 calories a day but I was absolutely miserable and borderline bulimic during that time. Sometimes I would eat a meal and throw it up right after just so I could enjoy some food and still not be over that 1200 cal deficit. But I know that is extremely unhealthy.

Maintaining 2000 calories a day leaves me hungry but not starving and I figured with the cardio I would still be in a large enough deficit. i’ve heard of metabolism slowing but I just can’t see it having slowed this much within 6 weeks....

submitted by /u/TubGrubber
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JeUZRL

No comments:

Post a Comment