Saturday, October 12, 2019

Extreme Hunger

Deleted earlier because I wasn't sure if this was in the right sub, since I'm not asking about weight loss, but it looks like there may be people here who have some experience this this.

Does anyone else, particularly (female) athletes, deal with constant, insatiable hunger? Like, you'll sit down for a meal with friends or pack a meal for lunch, trying to eat a normal amount of food, but you end up eating more than everyone else put together, yet still somehow feel ravenously hungry? For the past few years, I've been experiencing extreme hunger, where I'll eat more than twice as much as my 6 foot, 170 pound national level powerlifting boyfriend, and still go to bed unable to sleep because of how inexplicably hungry I am, even if my food is predominantly high protein, high fiber. I largely try to ignore this hunger because I don't think it's normal for anyone, especially a 5'3'' 115 pound girl, to be needing 5000+ calories a day, of largely nutrient dense food in order to stop feeling hungry. But it's been getting harder and harder to just ignore my hunger signals and it's pretty unsustainable to being a functional human being. And it's so frustrating being with a group of people who can just put their plates away after a normal amount of food, saying they're full and actually mean it. A regular meal honestly feels like a joke or an insult to my hunger. I can go to a restaurant, eat a full meal that makes a regular person completely stuffed and feel like I can eat the same thing three times over and still be hungry.

If you've experienced this, or have any kind of insight, I would absolutely love to hear your thoughts and experiences. Or if you happen to have knowledge of some literature on the subject, that would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

submitted by /u/ddmar
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MH7mqK

No comments:

Post a Comment