Saturday, October 12, 2019

First major milestone accomplished! Under 300 lbs for first time in 5+ years

Hey there, 29 male here. Started my weight loss journey appx 7-8 months ago. My doctor told me that I was bordering on having high blood pressure, I had chest pains, and was constantly out of breathe. I decided that I was going to be a different person in my 30's than I was in my teens and 20's. I got motivated to make a lifestyle change and decided it was time to stop making excuses.

Here's a pic of me last year on Christmas. I was at my heaviest here (365 lbs) https://imgur.com/FkbdurV

I started off slow. I cut out soda, fried foods, and most processed carbs/sugars. This brought me down to 345, but I was stuck on that weight for about two months. During this time I was exercising about 2-3 times a week, but not intensively. I was mainly doing a little bit of light lifting and cardio.

4 Months ago was when I really kicked it up into overdrive. One of my good friends convinced me to sign up to a local Planet Fitness. The membership is cheap (10$ a month) so I decided to give it a go. Ever since I signed up, I've been sticking to 4-5 times a week, mainly doing full body weight workouts, gradually increasing the weight and progressing at a solid pace. I've also been eating super clean and not eating past 8pm. This allowed me to drop another 35-40 pounds which brought me to around 305-310.

Here's a pic of me at that weight range: https://imgur.com/6E1H9gv

Over the past two weeks I started intermittent fasting, giving myself an 8 hour window to eat (12pm - 8pm). This was easy for me, as I already didn't eat past 8pm, and fasting for a few hours in the morning isn't that big a deal (I skip breakfast most days anyway). I am happy ta announce that as of this morning, I have officially dropped down under 300 lbs for the first time in over 5 years! https://imgur.com/v2jBzMW

I feel better than ever, and although I still have another 85-90 pounds to lose, I am in the best shape I've been in years and am thankful to this community for the daily inspiration and motivation. Don't give up on your goals and dreams. I was utterly hopeless and depressed less than a year ago. It's amazing how much one can change in a short period of time if the will is strong enough. Best of luck to everyone trying to better themselves!! cheers.

submitted by /u/Isaac51290
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2q3yDvC

No comments:

Post a Comment