Monday, October 7, 2019

From 275lbs down to 205lbs within 18 months.

First of all I just wanted to say thank you to everyone and this subreddit for helping improve my life.

Hi im Zackary, back in high school i use to play lacrosse and was fairly active. Got pretty sick and had to stay home a lot leading to me gaining a lot of weight. Outta high school i went to college only taking a class or two. I didnt take anything serious for the first 3-4 semesters and focused more on gaming rather than my education. Around March of 2018 i realized that my life was kinda going downhill. Walking up a flight of stairs was hard and took my breathe away. Everything was becoming harder for me and it felt like i was being a burden. I would eat fast food two or three times a week, go game for 30-40+ hours, only work about 15-20 hours, and take only a class or 2 at my college. I didnt really speak to anyone just a couple of friends over the internet and just wanted to be alone. i knew i wanted to change but didnt really know how. I would watch weight loss vids and read about the benefits of weight loss but nothing made me want to change. I then joined this subreddit and started watching Dr.Mike's health videos and realized that i needed to lose weight.

In march of 2018 (at 280lbs) I got a gym membership and started out by doing 20-30 minutes 3-4 times a week on a treadmill (walking or a slow jog) Every time I hopped onto the treadmill i would also run a mile as fast as i could and then record everything onto my phone. The first mile i ran was 17:30. Within the first month i was down to a 12:10 mile and was starting to see improvement on my overall happiness, attitude, and personality. I then started to do more long distance cardio and more weight lifting for the next 6 months. January of 2019 finally comes around, im about 250lbs at this point and i try for a mile time and hit a 9:45 mile. I was excited that i was able to run mile below 10 minutes and knew that i could continue and become a better me.

May of 2019 comes around, im about 235lbs and im getting mile times around 8:30. I started really focusing on weight loss while still making sure that im healthy. I start eating a little less and making more lean meals while being more active in the community by going on runs outside and around my city. In late May I tried for a mile time and ended up hurting my ankle and wasnt able to do any major cardio (even biking hurt). I then started focusing on weight training and my flexibility. September then comes around, im about 205-208lbs, my ankle basically healed and i started up my cardio again. Noticed some set backs with mile times but was determined to keep improving. October hits and i tried for the best mile i could get and ended under 8 minutes (7:55)!!!

I have now completely changed my life around, i use to sit at home, play games and didnt talk to anyone. Im now more confident and willing to put myself out there in the real world. I'm now working full time, going to school full time, going on dates, taking boxing classes, and have interviews for a job at a local hospital.

One of the major things that helped me make the change was that i told myself that 1 year goes by fast. I then started to go to the gym and now im here. 70lbs lighter and in a happier and healthier mood. Thanks again to everyone who posts and reads on this subreddit and thanks for helping me become the best me possible!!!

submitted by /u/therelaxedrebel
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LQTIC4

No comments:

Post a Comment