Sunday, October 6, 2019

Has anyone used yoga along with CICO instead of doing HIIT? How were your results?

I’m a pretty sedentary college student besides having to walk up this giant hill on my campus. My asthma sucks and I get scared of my inability to breathe whenever I do intense cardio, but I found with yoga and pilates I can control my breathing much better. My local yoga place is having a GroupOn and also has a student discount. Because I can’t go to the gym often, I feel like purchasing these classes and going at my own leisure whenever I have time on the weekends would be more beneficial to me, especially since there’s no hidden annual fees and such.

Classes would be about $4 each if I invest in this GroupOn, and it comes with 10 classes. I was thinking of either going 1-2 times a week and seeing if I enjoy it, then invest in a membership at the Yoga place or just do the drop-ins with my student discount. I’m not a fan of the gym because I have to pay an expensive (for me at least since I’m a full-time student) annual fee and down payment fee and then monthly fees.

I’ve been doing CICO (except for yesterday, I went to one of my brother’s competitions and was out late at night, but I am of course going to get back on track) and I feel like it is working, along with some unintentional intermittent fasting from skipping breakfast because I have such early lectures and I’d rather get extra sleep than eat. I want to help my fat and weight loss by doing something active but not super intense, but just so that I feel stronger and have a better mindset.

How has yoga helped your weight loss journey? Did it help you both mentally or physically, and did you see good results from constant attending of classes and good dieting?

I’m looking to cut 25 pounds! My goal weight is 105-110, and I am currently 132 and 5’2”.

submitted by /u/StarsAndTakoyaki
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/338YcJU

No comments:

Post a Comment