Monday, October 14, 2019

Have any of you lost the weight without ever gaining it back?

I struggled with weight loss for a long time. I'd lose and then gain some back. Not usually the entire amount, but some.

I see a lot of posts across platforms about people who have just started, have made it to their first goal, or who have yo-yo'ed and are starting again.

I'm curious if there's anyone out there who lost the weight and never gained it back, even after several years.

It seems to me that changing habits is a skill, and it takes time to learn that skill. Failure, to some degree, is inevitable.

I'm curious about this because, if it's true that regaining weight is inevitable, maybe knowing that would encourage those who have just gone through the cycle for the first time. I think they often feel like personal failures, like they are deficient somehow.. and I sort of want them to know that it's okay. This sort of just takes time.

I'm probably 10 years in from the first time I tried dieting. I had always been heavy before. Now I don't really diet anymore. I eat pretty low carb naturally and my food cravings are nowhere near what they were in the past. I gained some in the last few years and I've been slowly losing it just by naturally undercutting, with very little effort (much slower this way but that's fine). I feel like I've made it. Food no longer dominates my thoughts.

So if you're still struggling.. even after years, maybe that's okay. Maybe that's how long change really takes.

submitted by /u/Shitty-Coriolis
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2plOGEC

No comments:

Post a Comment