Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Hungrier during maintenance than when I was losing weight.

Has anyone else experienced worse hunger once they reached their goal weight and are maintaining than when they were losing weight?

I had my son 9 months ago - prepregnancy I was heavier then my normal, 5'4" and 162 lbs. My highest pregnancy weight was 182 lbs. I now fluctuate between 112 and 114 lbs and have been in this range for around 6 weeks. While losing weight I never experienced overwhelming hunger. For the large majority of my weight loss I didn't track calories, I just ate healthy and worked out 5 or 6 days a week. Once I got to 120 lbs my weight loss slowed down and I then started eating 1200-1500 calories per day to lose the last several lbs.

I am now eating 1800 calories per day, and have for the past 6 weeks (other than a week on vacation where I didn't track, but I was really active hiking and rock climbing for 7 days straight). My weight has maintained within a 2 lbs range so I know I'm not under eating, but I feel hungry a lot. I have tried changing up my macros, but haven't noticed a difference with my hunger based on that, although I definitely feel better when I consume at least 20% protein.

I find myself being hungry so I eat my calories earlier in the day than I should, because then I have to suffer being hungry all evening (although going to bed hungry isn't too much of a bother for me).

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, did it get better with time?

I am at a healthy weight and have a normal BMI, my doctor is happy with my weight and I am at my best athletic performance in my adult life. Gaining weight isn't something I am interested in, nor does my doctor feel I need to or should. I am just hopeful this hunger gets better with time.

I'm thinking about setting limits for myself, such as saving at least 500 calories for after 5 pm so I can eat dinner at a normal time. One issue is my sleep in all over the place, I work 24 hour shifts which makes meal times challenging. At 4 am I got so hungry at work last night, but I didn't bring any other food (I bring what fits into my calorie goal) so I judt suffered through the hunger. I know it's not real suffering, I'm not starving, hunger is just uncomfortable.

submitted by /u/aes628
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2IXNcrb

No comments:

Post a Comment