Monday, October 7, 2019

I don't know what else to do. Advice/Motivation appreciated

TL;DR - I have tried everything to lose weight that I can think of. The only thing that has ever budged the scale has been CICO at <1200 calories and even then I can't get under 128 and I lose maximum 0.25-0.5 lbs/week. I work out an hour per day 5x/week including OTF.

I'm 26, 5'0", 137 lbs as of this morning. I've been trying to lose weight for about two years now. My goal is 115 but my vanity goal is 100 lbs. I've tried CICO mostly but for my height I have to eat max 1200 cal/day and when I do that I eek down about 0.25-0.5 lbs per week and then stall out around 128 before the insane stringency it requires to eat less than 1200 per day wears me out. There's so little room for error that you can never eat out if the menu isnt on MFP or have dinner at someone else's house. About three weeks ago I caught the exercise bug and have been working out about 1 hour per day 5x/week including OrangeTheory twice per week (I take about 20% off their estimated calorie burn cause their's no way). That's more for the love of it than for weight loss but I'm nervous to work out that much AND calorie restrict and it's hard to even accurately know how many calories you've burnt. I've tried 16/8 IF but I just end up brain-dead all morning and don't lose weight. I've tried Keto but I hated eating such fatty foods and my cholesterol shot up and I didn't lose any weight The only thing that may have worked was doing Optivia 5+1 for a month which maybe got me from 155 to 135 when I first started trying but I hadn't owned a scale for a while at the beginning so I'm not actually sure where I started. I quit cause I'd gotten the supplies from my sister and couldn't afford to buy them myself after I ran out. I know that something I could do differently would be to give up weekend drinking (usually about 2-3 drinks daily Fri-Sun). But I also struggle with the idea of having to live within such strict boundaries every hour of the day. Everytime I go off a strict diet and eat like a normal healthy person (mostly healthy home-cooked meals, around 1500 cal/day) I balloon back up to the high 130s. I dont know what else to do. The most strict dieting I could possibly do results in the most tiny, spotty weight loss that inevitably just reverses itself. I'm so beyond frustrated.

submitted by /u/IndifferentPatella
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2oZ84Ht

No comments:

Post a Comment