Monday, October 21, 2019

I'm Going to Scream

Finally into the 170's and every lbs I lose is getting more noticeable. I'm just went down a pants size so when my family went winter clothes shopping this season I needed a bit of everything. The first trip to the changing room was not successful because my mother had pulled sizes that were 1-2 sizes too large.

Coming out of the dressing room I told her that I had lost a bit of weight and that I would need smaller sizes. The look on her face the second time I came out of the changing room was a nasty type of jealousy I'd never seen from her. She said that I had thinned up a bit and we went back out to continue shopping. Cut to her making tons of comments regarding my weight loss while simultaneously saying things wouldn't work on me because "we're too large." She's at least 70 lbs heavier than me. My mom has never really commented on my body before or given opinions on my choice in clothing so it all felt very reactionary.

At lunch, I got 2 tacos from Chipotle (less than the serving size and one of the lightest things on the menu) and she kept commenting about "how I better not gain it all back." I'm not the sort to take these kinds of comments but it was either stay quiet or yell at my mom in Old Navy and I'm trying to get less reactionary. If she ever gets nasty about it again I'm definitely going to confront her, but should I just accept the smaller comments? Is this a normal thing for parents to say to their kids? I definitely can't deal with her telling me how to maintain my weight though. It makes me irrationally angry, especially since she's the parent that allowed me to get huge in the first place.

submitted by /u/tweedliee
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2o34lbK

No comments:

Post a Comment