Monday, October 21, 2019

My Uphill Battle With Weight Loss

Hey all, I finally decided to start using reddit more and feel like it's time to come clean about my weight and own up to it.

TLDR; Never was this big, finally started to take action. Started the year at 223, now i'm barely at 200. Trying to get to 190 before December and 180 before the New Year.

My weight loss progress has a bit of happiness, but underlying is a lot of sadness and struggles. I'm 23 years old and I never was big in my teen years. Most I weighed was 170, but that was with muscle definition and being very fit. College is where everything changed and I gained so much weight. I weighed the most last year at 228. I barely took action as I felt I never had the time to fully commit to it and I just kept giving excuses despite promising those that I love that I would do it. After many promises and no action, I lost their trust and lost them.

For the past 3 years, I've been struggling with self confidence, low self esteem, and I was heading towards depression. A lot of my confidence issues have hurt relationships with friends and those that wanted to be friends. I took a lot of things for granted, such as their patience and forgiveness, but enough was enough for them and all I was to them was just "all talk and no action".

I started this year at 223. I started getting a decent start when I lost 5 lbs in August. I finally figured out how to count calories and nutrients correctly and to have an effective meal plan for myself. The ball really started to roll when I lost 8 lbs in September. As of this post, I'm barely about to be under 200. This is the most proud I've been of myself in a very long time and the progress is very rewarding. As happy as I am with this progress, I started way too late for them, and i'd be lying if i said I was fully doing this for me. Truth is, there's a part of me where i'm doing it for others to hopefully gain their trust back, either partially or fully.

I don't plan on stopping. I want to become the best version of myself both mentally and physically. I'm tired of the judgment, i'm tired of myself giving excuses as to why I can't do something, i'm tired of losing those I love, i'm tired of feeling like i'm not worth it, and i'm just tired of being, well, tired.

My ultimate goal is to lose 10 lbs both in November and December and get to a goal weight of 180 lbs before the end of the year. I know I can do it, I will do it, and nothing can stop me.

I apologize if this post was more sad if anything and that it was a slight rant. I've just been losing so much in my life, and i'm tired of it. I want to make progress and I need to make progress to better myself physically and to fully develop myself mentally again. I don't want to be on a path of depression and I want to climb out of it.

submitted by /u/MajorKapla
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Bt0I1N

No comments:

Post a Comment