Monday, October 21, 2019

Sometimes you can’t do a strict diet for a long time and that is OK, you just gotta be smart about it

I started losing weight about two months ago, I was 185 pounds and I lost ~10 pounds. My BMI went from obese to overweight (granted it is 29.9 but still, I’ll take my wins wherever I can) and I am ecstatic about it! I feel so much better and look so much better! There is still about 30 pounds to go but all my previous attempts were short termed so I decided to recognize the signs where it went wrong previously and be smart about it.

I see the progress, but because there is so much weight to lose, I get sick of doing the really hard diet/exercise long term. I don’t really lose the motivation but I lose the grit. This time I know my patterns and I am being smart about it. Since this is a lifestyle now, and I know there will be times I will eat more than I should because nobody is perfect, I’m cutting myself some slack.

So I divided my weight into chunks, I will lose it 10 pounds at a time and have breaks in between. Not the ‘eat all that you can’ breaks. I lost the first 10 by doing 1200 cal per day, plus exercise. Now I have taken a two week break (I am not exercising due to circumstances on this break but will in the following breaks). I have increased my caloric intake, and I allow myself to eat the stuff that are not so healthy. I am still below my TDEE which is 2000, but I am eating around 1600-1800 instead of 1200. This won’t really result in a weight loss in these two weeks but it also won’t result in weight gain. What it will do is, it will satisfy my craving for more food because whenever I feel like I can’t have something I just want it more, sometimes just to see that I can have it.

My two weeks end this Thursday, I will weigh myself in the morning and continue on until I lose the second 10 pounds. This will hopefully be done around Christmas and I can have my two week break and eat 1600-1800 cal/day during the sweet holiday time where amazing food is literally everywhere.

Not everyone can do their diet to the t all the time, it’s important to recognize what you need mentally as well as physically and not force it to the point where it will make you unhappy or say ‘fuck it’ and binge for weeks or completely stop. I think timed and well-managed ‘breaks’ from diets are very important for people like me, sprinters. That’s how I think of it, since this is a long term thing I think of it as a marathon, and some people can go a steady pace but some need to sprint a bit and walk a bit, like me.

submitted by /u/notlikeothergirls_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JbATYr

No comments:

Post a Comment