Monday, October 21, 2019

Law School ruined all my progress. Now I have to do it a second time and it's so much harder.

When I was 19, I was at my heaviest at 273 lbs. I spent 6 months working really hard with diet and exercise and got down to 180. I looked skinny but with the excess skin flab. I worked out and put on some muscle and went up to about 190. Then I went and spent a summer as a fat camp counselor when I was 21 and got down to 173. For some reason, the way my body works, this was actually the first time I was a healthy BMI. Like it was a 24.1, which is barely considered normal. But I looked great and had 10% body fat. Sadly, I went to law school after this and went all the way up to 235 lbs by the end of my third year. I worked out a lot during my time at law school so some of it was muscle, but I was so devastated I got back to that point. The stress was just too much and led to a lot of drinking and binge eating. Additionally, all of the law school social events were an excuse to overeat. I'm currently 5 months out of law school and have managed to get down to 214 this morning. I still drink a lot and have been eating out due to finally having money and being stressed with my new job, so it has made this new weight loss effort take so much longer than the first time. I've spent the last month fluctuating around 215-220. In the last two weeks alone though, I've gone from 220 to 214 and I don't plan on stopping. My sister is vegan and has convinced me to try a lot of fake vegan meats, which fortunately have tasted pretty good and have been low in calories. The variety has peaked my interest enough to stop me from eating out so much. It's just such a soul crushing experience knowing I'm going through this again. Luckily, I have more muscle this go around and don't have to lose as much. At a minimum I'd like to get down to 190. Ideally, I'd like to get down to 180 just to show myself I can do it again. I just feel like in the last couple weeks, all of my frustration has been channeled into motivation and determination. I want to be an example and prove to people that you can lose weight and keep it off. Wish me luck.

submitted by /u/newguyondablock
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33MsGBU

No comments:

Post a Comment