Tuesday, October 15, 2019

I'm not afraid of the doctor anymore! And other NSVs at 95lbs down

It's been a little over a year since I started trying to lose weight, and I'm down from 295lbs to a current weight of 200lbs (33F, 5'9"). Have a progress pic: https://imgur.com/a/DczLfA0

At my annual physical last year I'd already been doing CICO for 1.5 months. I had high BP and high cholesterol at 272lbs. I've always hated going to the doctor--it gives me tons of anxiety--but this year I was actually excited to go and see how my health stats had improved. Here are my results from this latest visit compared to last time:

Total cholesterol down from 253 to 204 (-43 drop in LDL); this should be under 199, I'm almost there!

Triglycerides down from 111 to 68 (should be under 149)

Blood pressure down from 148/95 to 130/80

Additionally, my resting heart rate has gone down from an average of ~85 to ~65 (according to FitBit). BMI is down from 43.6 (obese) to 29.5 (overweight). Plantar fasciitis is 100% gone. My skin has cleared up -- the whole texture is different, it feels soft and glowy, with fewer blemishes.

Clothing sizes dropped from 24 to 16/14, 3XL to XL/L. Ring size down from 10.5 to 7.5. Chesticles shrunk from 44D to 38C.

And for non-quantifiable victories...

Crossing my legs while sitting: So easy!

Putting on socks/shoes: So easy!

Collarbones: BOOM. BOOM. These puppies could cut glass.

I can find clothes that fit me in almost any clothing store, I can quickly walk up multiple flights of stairs without breathing hard, I have more energy and stamina and confidence, I'm more comfortable in hot weather, and my airplane seatbelt has slack for days.

My weight loss has slowed now and I'm plateauing hard on the precipice of onederland. Still, I can't wait to keep going. Thanks, r/loseit community, for all the inspiration!

submitted by /u/1byteatatime
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OQ1xtG

No comments:

Post a Comment