Monday, October 21, 2019

i'm so happy about my recent weight loss and want to continue(mainly about eating habits, 18M)

hi there! fair warning: sorry for using a lot of words, but i feel like explaining my backstory in depth can help you guys give me the best advice because putting it all into one post would help more as opposed to asking for quick pieces of advice without giving much context. i'll put my goals and advice i want from you guys in the last paragraph, so here goes!

backstory: i've been overweight for most of my life that I can remember, but around 1.5 years ago, when depression and the rest of my poor mental health took ahold of me, I crossed into the threshold of obesity because I had no regard for my exercise and was eating whatever looked good. when I decided to do something about it(around 4 months ago), I was 5'7 and 220-230 lbs. my main inspiration was fashion and tired of having a huge butt that restricted me from looking good in even casual clothes. so I started doing the keto diet. not too strict, just making sure I was eating less than 20g of carbs a day and eating healthier fats.

this realization came around the end of senior year at high school, around mid-june of this year. after the school year ended, i continued this diet and i signed up for personal training sessions at my local gym, which i went to 2-3 times a week. that was the only exercise i did during that time, and i was doing all this until august 20th-ish. i got down to 195 lbs by then, which was very encouraging for me to keep moving forward.

around the end of august, i started college(go terps btw). you might think that i was tempted by all the dining hall options, but thankfully it was the opposite. the first 2-3 weeks or so, i ate things that didn't seem like they were packed with carbs. after this, i decided to the following meal plan:

  1. breakfast: scrambled eggs(around 2 eggs worth). the 3 variants the dining hall cycles through are cheesy, pepper onion mushroom, and tomato cheddar jack.
  2. lunch(and dinner if i'm feeling it) chicken breast + caesar salad

around mid-September, i realized I could do some light workouts in my dorm room, so that's what I did. i did push-ups(which i stopped because i realized I was doing them completely wrong), squats, step-ups on my chair(which isn't very high). i did only 1 set of each, which was about 5 minutes a day. it worked pretty well, and when I weighed myself 1 month after I started college, I got down to 185 lbs. this could also be because i walk at least 2 miles a day to get to classes. again very encouraging, so i want to do more. i bought 2x15 lb dumbbells to make my room workouts more difficult.

this brings me to today. i haven't had as much opportunity to do my room workouts this past week because my roommate is in here more often. i'm not sure of my exact weight right now, but if i had to estimate it would probably be around 175-180 lbs.

WHAT I WANT FROM YOU GUYS: my goal weight is somewhere around 150-160 lbs. assuming the worst case, which is me not being able to do my room workouts all the time, how can i get down to this weight? and how can I specifically reduce my butt size? if you read all the way, thanks for your time!

submitted by /u/sywy1874
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MyU0h5

No comments:

Post a Comment