Sunday, October 13, 2019

Losing muscles while losing weight - any way to avoid?

So, Ive been losing weight for two months on physician ordered reduction diet. Ive incorporated some walking (as I have to walk my dogs anyway) and the progress was steady at 3kg per week (which is frowned upon by my physician but hey why not its working).
But it looks like it took toll on my muscles as well, because I started to feel some kind of back pain and also found out by experiment that my arms are not so strong as they used to be.
Obvious solution is to start exercising to build up the muscles back, but for that it would be better to increase protein intake, which would require me to eat more and mess with my ongoing diet.
So obvious solution to keep my weight loss progress at 3kg a week would be to eat more, exercise and walk more but even now I am walking cca 15 clics five days a week and the time margins for walking more is not really significant, at least not if I do want to do more things except walking and working.

Is there any way around this lock? Or will it work just exercising without improving protein intake?

submitted by /u/Panther125
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MC2vH9

No comments:

Post a Comment