Tuesday, October 15, 2019

My body seems hell-bent on eating up muscle before fat.

Stats: 33F, 156 cm, SW: 72 kg, CW: 62 kg, GW: 52 kg

(Imperial: 33F, 5’1.5”, SW: 159 lbs, CW: 137 lbs, GW: 115 lbs)

I’ve really upped my gym routine over the past month and half, working with a personal trainer 3x a week, getting in 10,000+ steps daily and attending fitness classes which means I’m usually at the gym 5-6x a week.

This means that I’m genuinely building muscle for the first time in my life and was feeling particularly proud that my triceps (a longtime complex of mine) were starting to shape up. I flex and touch them several times a day—that’s how I’m happy am I about them, LOL.

But yesterday I showed up for my session with my trainer and the first thing he mentioned was “What happened to your triceps!?” Well I noticed it too in the mirror that morning and was hoping it was just my imagination but it was true...my triceps hung ungainly like a curtain. “Were you doing cardio!?” He added.

I have to add, the last time he saw me was THREE DAYS AGO. And yes, I was doing cardio everyday like I have been doing the past 2.5 months. Also he literally tells me to do cardio before AND after our sessions. How else do you expect me to lose all this weight that I’m having trouble shifting despite a significant calorie deficit. My weight loss streak stopped completely the moment I went serious on lifting (2-3x a week) and fitness classes 5-6x a week but I’m losing inches on my waist so I’ve resigned to my fate.

So yesterday’s session turned into a 90% tricep-training fest and the underside of my arms are looking better this morning but STILL...of all the places that my body could think of to lose mass WHY target hard-earned muscle?? You’d think it’ll go for my face, neck, and back fat but NO....let’s eat up your muscle for shit and giggles yo.

And to think that yesterday morning, I was happy because it seemed that the scale was finally going on a downward trajectory.

Just ranting here, but any advice would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/cassis-oolong
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2BfzR9r

No comments:

Post a Comment