Saturday, October 19, 2019

Needing some advice

Hwy everyone hope y’all are doing well!

I need some help in reloading some weight.

I’ve was diagnosed as anorexic in February, and I’ve been in therapy for it. However I’m not what you think of when you think anorexic.

I’m a 38 year old man who has a BMI over 30.

Over the last 7 months I’ve been gaining weight and i despise it I hate being told that some people are bigger. I’m tired of being told that my weight is fine, and I’m tired of being told to stop worrying about my weight.

I have an obese BMI and I’m done being told it’s ok. I’m tired of people saying that BMI is not a good indicator of health when every medical professional in my life uses it. I hate the mixed messages.

So, I’ve ditched the people telling me that eating “normally” is ok, and back to get serious about this.

Previously, I lost 170 pounds and I was on the edge of Obese/Overweight BMI when I had a feinting episode and forced into “recovery.”

I’ve gained 30 of it back through “recovery” and therapy and I feel it’s a complete joke. I want to lose 75 pounds so that I’m within a normal persons BMI range.

In the past, I’ve done CICO + Keto + fasting and I found that this is the only way I can effectively lose weight. My issue is that I’ve let others convince me that I was anorexic as a result and I’ve fallen off the wagon.

I am also have been walking 3-4 miles a day, but I’m upping that to 6-8 miles now, and climbing the steps at work (I work on the 27th floor of my building so it’s not just sounding like I’m doing something) so that I can keep the weight loss going.

I am (re)cutting out carbs, sweets and snacks, and take out foods that lent to over eating. No more pasta, no more bread, no more restaurant food or takeaways. No more processed foods.

It’s easiest for me to have very prescribed foods and Portion amounts every day. I’m perfectly fine having the same food each day and frankly, it’s preferred. When I lost the 170 pounds, I basically ate the same menu for 8 months.

I don’t want to get bogged down into fat logic, I don’t want to be told it’s ok to be obese, I don’t want to be told that dieting is bad or that restricting my food isn’t safe. If people can lose 200+ pounds, so can I. I can CICO very well when I determined to do it.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Or even a basic meal plan where I can have a meal for under 500 calories.

Thanks so much.

submitted by /u/wanderlustcub
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31x3vSl

No comments:

Post a Comment