Thursday, October 10, 2019

NSV: No more seatbelt extender for me!

Over the last few years, I have had to take several flights (including several rather long international flights) and I always had to book two seats and ask for a seatbelt extender to buckle up on the plane. This, coupled with the fact that I am 193cm tall (6'4" in imperial) means that I have limited extra legroom seating options, because you can't sit in the exit row if you need a seatbelt extender.

I have lost quite a bit of weight in the last few months and yesterday I took my first flight since seriously starting on my weight loss journey.

I also recently got a new office chair with adjustable arms, and by cranking them as far inwards as was comfortable and measuring the width I knew that I would be able to fit into a single plane seat. I was, however, still concerned about buckling the seatbelt. I followed my usual procedure of discreetly informing a passing flight attendant as I arrived at my seat that I would need an extender. She grabbed one and handed it to me and I hooked it up and sat down.

I noticed that I could tighten it up a lot more than I used to be able to, so I experimentally uncoupled it, extended the normal belt and tried clicking it together...

It fit! It wasn't even a struggle! This lead me to loading up the airline's site on my phone while waiting for takeoff and re-booking my return flight to an exit row, meaning I can stretch out and enjoy my journey home!

submitted by /u/PointlessTrivia
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2IGmZNL

No comments:

Post a Comment