Saturday, October 19, 2019

Thoughts on losing 75 lbs, and gaining sex appeal...

Hi Reddit!

I've been a long time lurker, and was waiting to make an official "progress" post later, but something has been on my mind lately...

I started my journey at 290 lbs, and as a single 30 y/o woman (5'10''), this weight was doing ZERO favors for my sex/love life. Mostly because I felt I looked gross, so that manifested in me actually looking gross, and surprise! People don't think that's sexy, and I don't blame them.

Even though I'm still a bit far from my GW (160s) at my current 215lbs, I have to admit, I'm starting to look...well, good! And yes, I could sit here and yammer on about look good, feel good, yada yada, but that's not the point I'm trying to make.

Lately I've been noticing a lot of attention from the opposite sex, and I'm just struggling to understand it, and process it. I always thought that I would be "bitter" after weight loss, and feel sort of hardened that men who ignored me at 290 are noticing me as I become more conventionally attractive. However, I'm not feeling resentful at all. I'm feeling very validated by this attention, and it's kinda fucking with my head.

As a looooong time forever alone lady, I'm now starting to entertain the fact that I may be someone people actually desire, and it's scary and new.

If you have any thoughts, or ideas on how to manage attention (particularly the sexy kind) or just advice in general on how to embrace the sexy, haha, please share! This is an area of my weight loss journey that I hadn't planned on dealing with yet.

P.S. I'm actively in therapy! But I'd still love to hear from folks who have gone through this issue first-hand.

submitted by /u/Kareninanna89
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32vA84a

No comments:

Post a Comment