Friday, October 18, 2019

Weight loss when you've always been fat?

Hi everyone,

Can you all tell me stories about how weight loss has changed your life? Especially if you were previously always chubby in life? Hoping it helps me get some much needed perspective.

Back story if it matters to you: I have been the chubby one through all of my life. My soccer coach's nickname for me as a teen was "chubs" for crying out loud. Anyway I know I'm fat (5'5 and 160 and gaininv @ age 29 so I'm heading towards obesity according to BMI) but I'm finding it's kind of part of my identity - it's not like I like that about myself or anything but more like I just feel I have always been fat and always will be fat. I've never liked how I looked very much and can't imagine that ever being any different. I'm not saying I cant lose weight, more that I've just become complacent with it maybe? Idk. But I can't really imagine how losing weight would change me or my life in theory. I just can't envision myself as a skinny person and this is hurting my motivation. Hoping hearing some stories from people on weight loss journeys who are/were in similar situations helps me with that. Any feedback is appreciated.

submitted by /u/SSL1nc0lnL0g
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2BnJRxp

No comments:

Post a Comment