Saturday, October 19, 2019

What is your emotional response to weight loss comments?

I (F24, 5'3") just started waitressing again (poverty strikes!) at a restaurant where I used to work 18 months ago. There has been some staff retention, so there were a few people I recognized. In the last 18 months, I moved out of a shitty housing situation, learned to cook, stopped binge-eating as much, and started lifting more weights. Even though I still weigh roughly the same (maybe went from 135lbs to 130lbs at most), I know I look noticeably slimmer. On the whole, I'm pleased about that!

I've had a few comments from old staff members to the tune of "oh, I recognize you now - you lost weight!" This caught me off guard because a) I didn't think it was that noticeable to others and b) body comments always catch me off-guard!

I know I should be pleased when I receive this kind of feedback, but it tends to make me anxious... my brain starts spinning on that hamster wheel, thinking "we have to get skinnier, we can't get fat again, remember how bad you felt when your cheeks are at PeakChonk (I have real BabyFace syndrome), we can never let that happen again... you should lose more weight."

I don't have any more weight to lose. When I was 17, I had a BMI of 19 and had lost my period, fainted often, had very low iron levels, etc. I have a naturally high set point and look fine at 130. I don't think these thoughts are constructive.

What is your emotional response to weight loss comments? Do they make you anxious? How do you deal?

TLDR; get anxiety from weight loss comments, need advice on the right mindset to have

submitted by /u/timwhoretons91
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33PcIah

No comments:

Post a Comment