Monday, October 21, 2019

What I've learned from my roommate

So I've been living with my college roommate who's on the cross country team here at school. Now I've always been one that loves food and just tends to eat whenever. It doesn't help that I work in a bakery and also bake at home. Living with someone who is active and lives a healthy eating lifestyle has taught me a few tricks that have helped me lose weight along the way.

Tip 1: If you're not hungry then don't eat. This one seems to be simple enough but for some reason, I never really picked up on how much I ate until I compared me and her. As I stated previously I tend to snack throughout the day. Those calories add up quicker than some may think. Now I only eat sit down meals and no longer pick at food around the apartment.

Tip 2: If you bake cookies freeze the dough balls and only cook one or two at a time. When I baked at home I used to bake all the cookies at once which then prompted me to eat too many at one time, putting me over my calorie limit for the day. By only baking them off when I want one, I have been able to actually lessen my habitual binge eating habits.

Tip 3: Be active. Exercise has been shown to lift moods due to the release of endorphins. It burns calories too.

Tip 4: Eat healthy when you can. Everyone knows that fruits and veggies are good for the body and they have fewer calories than most processed foods. This means that you can eat more (volume-wise) and still be in your targeted calorie range. My roommate makes stews, eggs, and all sorts of other foods that look smell and taste delicious while still putting nutritious food into the body.

Tip 5: Eat a treat once in a while: nobody is perfect. Sometimes you just need a snack. Don't be afraid to eat some sugar once in a while.

Tip 6: Love yourself. You are beautiful and the only way to start loving how you look is to love yourself. This journey takes mind, body, and soul. You won't get to where you need to be without truly believing this.

I wish you all good luck on your weight loss journey!

submitted by /u/mshmia
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2oPBYhP

No comments:

Post a Comment