Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Your Body is the Only Partner Your Mind Will Have

It's time to start listening to it.

I can't tell you how many times I've started a weight loss journey, only to fall flat on my face. Meanwhile I keep gaining more and more weight and every time I decide to lose weight, I have more weight to melt off. Despite how disheartening it is seeing the scale go up like a stopwatch, my dumb monkey brain only wanted pizza, fast food, soda, and a comfortable sedentary lifestyle. Who doesn't love laying on the couch snacking on potato chips playing Halo and watching football games?

Your body doesn't. Your body is screaming to be used, and you're flat-out ignoring it.

Your body doesn't want a second Burger King burger.

Your body doesn't want a third bottle of soda.

Your body doesn't want to devour a whole pizza.

Your body doesn't want to be laying in bed several hours a day, browsing memes on your phone.

Your body wants protein.

Your body wants WATER.

Your body wants to move.

Your body wants to fly.

If you ignore your body, it will die.

It's about time to give your body what it wants, so it can give you what you want. Your body is your partner in life, the only partner you have. Treat it like an equal. And I have decided to start listening to my body. After two weeks of listening to my body, I'm still roughly 100 lbs overweight but I feel so much better! Simply by controlling my intake and watching my calories, my body worked on its own to shed 10 lbs in two weeks. Today I've started an exercise regiment to help my body get the rest of the way there. It will be difficult, but after 15 years of not listening to my body, I deserve the struggle. I deserve the pain. But the reward will be worth it.

submitted by /u/WWaveform
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2AVnijG

No comments:

Post a Comment