Thursday, June 18, 2020

Anxiety about seeing people after weight loss

So I decided to get healthy when quarantine began and have lost 12 pounds. I’m a 5’4 31YO female and went from 151 to 139.

I haven’t seen friends or family since before I began doing this, and I look different. I didn’t think I looked too different until a few days ago when I met a few girlfriends at the pool.

They both commented about my body and I just said “yeah I’ve lost a few pounds”. One friend brought it up back up a few moments later and said “so how much did you lose?!”

The whole thing made me feel very awkward for some reason, even though one of the things that got me motivated to begin with was the idea of receiving those comments.

Anyone else feel weird af when others notice your efforts? This could totally be a me thing, but not sure what to do about it.

submitted by /u/NoTradition
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30Vazvu

No comments:

Post a Comment