Wednesday, June 17, 2020

My First NSV and my Thoughts on Starting the Weightloss Process

M16 SW ~240lbs GW: 190lbs CW: 195lbs

Hey, I'm new to this sub and wanted to share my first NSV and my philosophy at the start of my weightloss, for other teenagers looking to loose some weight.

My NSV came when I was at the gym after losing about 15lbs. I ran into people at the gym constantly and lots of times I didn't talk to them bc I was shy about being big. This one time I was at the rowing machine and a tall muscular dude came over to me. I didn't recognize him, but he walked over as if he'd known me for a while. I started to panic, trying to remember his name or face but nothing came to mind. And then he started talking: "Hey man, you don't know me, but I used to see you around the gym and just wanted to say that you're going great, congratulations!" I said thanks really happily, then finished my rowing and ran to the bathroom and immediately texted my other weight-loss friend. A complete stranger recognized my progress, I almost couldn't believe it, and was ecstatic for the rest of the day.

My weight-loss started very chill. I had been going through a lot and decided to lose weight to feel better and have a goal. I started going to the gym again as I had many times before, but this time was different because I actually changed the way I ate.

I reduced my major dietary flaws by putting a no carbs past 6pm at home rule, and having a water bottle on me at all times. I knew if I did an actual diet I would quit after three days and go back to being unhealthy, so I didn't. At the start, I focused on having a sustainable weight loss rather than a fast one, and it payed off. I still went out to eat with my friends and had fun, just tried to avoid pizza and other ludicrous stuff. I still partied, but avoided soda and discovered I love Vodka Tonics. I Made it to 222lbs this way until I plateaud. After that started calorie counting to break it and again, it payd off.

So I have two messages:

If you notice a stranger at the gym progressing, tell them, it'll make their day.

Other teenagers: you don't need to do keto or anything like that to lose weight. Don't feel pressured. It pays off more to be chill at the start and get more strict when you need to or when you think you can. You'll be happier.

submitted by /u/JorVar3000
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hvVwOy

No comments:

Post a Comment