Friday, June 5, 2020

No more yo-yo dieting!! But struggling with how long slow loss will take. Experience?

So I had a little epiphany a couple weeks ago about my yo-yo dieting - I always went 100% full effort into my weight loss for a couple of weeks, then any slip up led to a complete bust where I just thought "eh, I should be fine with my body how it is and stop caring, right?". All or nothing, every time. So now I'm currently 3 weeks in to what is (hopefully) just my new lifestyle, trying to lose weight at more like... 50% effort.

What I mean by that is that I have a base goal of 16:8 IF and 1444cal/day for CICO (500cal deficit) - but I track my calories for the entire week and only care about having SOME deficit - even if it only equates to like 1/3 of a lb. So on weekends when I have some extra food and drinks that lead me to have more of a 14:10 and 1800, it's alright because my weekly still shows SOME loss. It's done WONDERS for my metal health around food and eating in general, and I really think it's a wonderful and sustainable change for me! Even if I don't lose a lot, I'm losing SOMETHING and at very least not gaining. I even made an excel sheet where I input my stats and it's set up to automatically calculate different things about how I did in that week and month, which is super helpful for staying on track!!! (Definitely would recommend trying this for accountability and just clarity on your progress!!!)

For reference: 24F/5'8"/HW:190/SW:180/CW:178/GW:140

I've even had some super small NSV that surprised me:

1) I didn't struggle to resist having a glass of wine after my roommate opened a bottle, because it was a weekday and during my fast

2) I managed to have a conversation with someone having a bowl of ice cream I had access to without breaking down and having some myself - because it didn't fit in my eating window or calorie count (I looked forward to the food I had planned for later instead!)

3) I've actually refused food when offered to me a bunch of times in the last 3 weeks, with no feeling of regret!!

I'm veeery slowly getting to the point where I'll have 0.5 loss every week, and maybe as I get more comfortable I'll ease myself into 1lb/week for a while, and maintenance for holidays and such.

The problem is - IT'S SO DAMN SLOW. I know that this is my choice and it's purposeful, but sometimes it gets disheartening to realize that I won't reach my goal weight for a long lONG time. I worry about ramping it up too fast, because I don't want to just repeat what I've done so many times before losing and gaining the same 20lbs for years and years, but man it's gonna take my like a year to lose those 20lbs this time. I guess I know it's going to be great for me in the long run, but it's a bummer to realize that my choice means I'll be stuck where I am for a while, and that it'll be even harder to see progress since it'll be slow af.

Does anyone else have experience with this kind of slow loss? Or just perspective?

(Also, you guys are wonderful and this subreddit has helped me a lot, stay wonderful)

Tl;dr - purposefully doing v slow/sustainable loss, but it's also frustratingly slow. Like won't get to my modest goal in yearsss slow. Excel sheet/weekly calorie counts are dope. Any experience or perspective???

submitted by /u/Azureiest
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gXSfHx

No comments:

Post a Comment