Saturday, June 6, 2020

NSV: I’m a strong mommy

Yesterday I carried my almost 6 year old for a mile - he got a tummy ache at the farthest point from home on our regular evening walk. Today I lifted my (screaming) 2 year old back into her crib ~40 times in 35 minutes until she finally fell asleep. My 2 year old weighs 27 pounds and the crib rail comes up to my chest (I’m short). Also, she’s very wriggly.

I don’t think I could have done either of those things 6 months ago. I added strength training as part of my weight loss strategy about a year ago. I didn’t realize when I started the bang on effects it would have on my life.

I started out doing Starting Strength (which was great for me as a beginner because of how simple it is). I switched to New Rules of Lifting for Women about 4 months ago and am liking it so far (the approach feels a bit more balanced than SS, even though it’s more complicated). I only lift 2-3 times a week, and the routine only takes 30-40 minutes.

I run 2-3 times a week as well, and it does wonders for my mental health, but for life changing effects, strength training has helped me the most.

submitted by /u/igotnothing98765
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2A8LamX

No comments:

Post a Comment