Sunday, April 4, 2021

262lbs to 190lbs, officially a healthy BMI for the firs time

Front View

Side View

Today I hit my goal of 190lbs and a healthy BMI, although I'm not finished losing yet I still want to share my progress. Cause believe me, if I could lose this much then anyone can.

I started my weight loss journey in October 2019, back then I was at my heaviest being 262lbs and around 33% bodyfat. I started with a keto diet for the first couple months since my friend suggested it and it worked for him, after a couple months I switched to just a normal calorie deficit diet. after about a year of only dieting I got a gym membership and started taking things more seriously. I now go 5-6 days a week focusing on a different muscle group each day, while also trying to get at least 10k steps each day on my Fitbit.

The biggest challenge I've faced with my weight loss has just been the mental side of it. It gets exhausting at times. When I look in the mirror I still only see the fat. If not for making these comparison photos I don't think I would have seen much of a difference. But thanks to therapy for other issues I've started to love stepping on the scale everyday, seeing the number slowly go down gives me motivation every day, even on days when the scale doesn't move it just makes me want to push harder.

I just wanted to say thank you to this subreddit, I've browsed it everyday for the past few months and although I don't really post or comment on anything just seeing your journeys helped me see mine, so thank you!

submitted by /u/Mysterious_Green
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3sPVyGv

No comments:

Post a Comment