Sunday, April 4, 2021

Today is my 'cheat meal' day and I have almost no cravings or, urge to eat any takeout

I used to be very active pre-covid and lost over 20 Kg. However, after covid started, my city Montréal went on almost a year long lockdown (was only open for a while in the summer), and as a result gyms were closed for almost a year. I am not a big fan of walking outside because I can't push myself too hard outside like I can do on an ellipticial. Plus, it's Canada and winter's cold and icy. Not the best scenario to run.

And with academic pressure, no social life, no exercise, I went back to the only thing that made me happy back when I was obese. "FOOD". I spent 60% of my savings on takeout for months, I rarely felt like cooking, (I can also cook very well) and and had so much greasy, salty and unhealthy food that I ended up with an 8 Kg gain.

However, in between those months I did try to diet but I don't feel good when I eat too less. I tried reducing caloric intake to 1500 Kcal (M/171 cm/20) and with no exercise, the rate of weight loss was so slow and I felt so bad physically and mentally that I ended up binge eating (this exact phenomenon repeated on and on).

Fortunately, the gym reopened almost 10 days ago and I have been there almost everyday, worked out well, ate almost 1800-1900 Kcal per day and I am already down 1.6 Kg (10 days).

So today is supposed to be my cheat meal day (I planned on eating one takeout meal every 10 days for sanity purposes) and I have almost no interest in eating takeout. No cravings or urge to binge.

Calorie counting is crucial but for some people like me, it's easier to workout and drop some sweat and eat close to the BMR equivalent of Sedentary in order to lose weight than just eating at a massive deficit. Guess, we all have different strategies that work. My biggest fear right now is if the government shuts down the gyms again. Fingers crossed

submitted by /u/IWICTMP
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3wlguY1

No comments:

Post a Comment