Saturday, April 10, 2021

A step in the right direction (I hope!)

Hey there everyone! I've been working up the courage for a while now to present myself to the community in hopes of moving toward something better for myself.

First, a bit about myself outside of weight related details. I am a 24 year old man, engaged to a woman I love and cherish very much. I am from the United States and I enjoy writing, reading, video games.

The last time I saw a doctor (just before COVID reared it's nasty head) I weighed in at a touch over 400 pounds for the first time in my life. I am 6'0" tall on the dot and am told I carry the weight well, but that moment marked a true destruction of my mental fortitude. I was reminded of when I eclipsed 300 pounds years prior and said to myself I'd never hit 400. It was devastating and still is.

Today I used measuring tape to get proper measurements of my body to order new clothes because none of my pants or shirts fit correctly anymore. The 60" tape only worked for one of the measurements and was just a bit shy of capturing the others (leading me to believe some were around 63-64"). All of that to say I'm not having a very good decade.

I've struggled with weight since as early as I can remember, and even so, I've never had high BP, I've never been pre-diabetic, my vitals always come up strong when I have them checked. I don't eat outrageous quantities of food, in fact, I usually only eat 1-2 meals a day that definitely don't eclipse 2000 calories. But it seems I'm still gaining weight. I am very sedentary and don't get a whole lot of exercise, and I've recently been taking vitamin supplements and even these Apple Cider Vinegar gummies to promote weight loss.

I just simply want to be happy with my shape for once in my life. I'm not looking forward to purchasing Big & Tall 5X clothing and I'd like to never have to do so again. Any advice, or words of encouragement are appreciated!

Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day.

submitted by /u/PlentyOfAtoms
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3d7XJQ9

No comments:

Post a Comment