Saturday, April 10, 2021

Adjusting to weight loss

I’m 5’9, 35 M, started at 280 lbs on July 15, 2020. Currently 170-175 lbs. I’m having a hard time adjusting to the fact that I have changed myself so drastically. I’ve always been the “fat guy” in my friend group and I’m not sure if I won’t always see myself that way. I lost my weight by limiting carbs and working out. The first couple of months I did very little exercise but limited my carbs to 5-10 a day. In October I started working out pretty regularly and today it is just a part of everyday life and I love the way I feel.

With the weight loss, I have been getting more attention from potential partners and I’m just not used to it at all. People never saw me that way before, so I’m not the best prepared to handle it. It makes me want to go back to being the fat friend in the corner!

This might be something I should talk with a counselor about, but I was curious if any of you struggle with the same issue?

The r/loseit community has been such an inspiration to me throughout this journey!

submitted by /u/Puzzled_Ostrich_9217
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3d31Vka

No comments:

Post a Comment