Saturday, April 10, 2021

Mental breakdown during exercise

So the title is pretty much how it’s going. I’ve been on a weight loss journey since August 2020 after gaining a lot during quarantine. Currently I’m a 5’1”F at 135lbs and I’m trying to get down to 125.

Every 4-6 I change my routine up and right now I’m focusing on heavy lifting with a concentration on glutes because my butt isn’t proportional to my hips and thighs.

Right now my week looks like this:

Sunday + Monday: Active Rest

Tuesday: Chest/Triceps

Wednesday: Hamstrings/Glutes

Thursday: Back/Biceps

Friday: Quads/Glutes

Saturday: Cardio/Abs

Well today I did my 20 minutes of glute activation and when I went to start my routine with hip thrusts I had a breakdown as soon as I picked up the bar. Not sure what brought this on. To be fair I wasn’t feeling the workout today but nothing worse than the normal lack of motivation. So I let myself have a good cry, but every time I went back to workout the water works would start back up again.

I’m thinking I need to figure out a new routine because since starting this workout plan I can’t bring myself to exercise more than 2-3 days a week when I was working out a consistent 4-6 days before.

What really gets me is that this routine is very similar to one I had over the summer, and I didn’t have these problems then. Anybody have any advice?

submitted by /u/SupaSadButSupaRad
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3243Qi8

No comments:

Post a Comment