Sunday, April 18, 2021

Am I just done losing weight?

Hello,

I am a 25 5'0" F. Last year I got serious about losing weight as I had hit 165lbs and was not happy at all. So I spent the year trying to get healthy. I started going to the gym and went consistently from January to March until COVID hit and it shut down. From March to June I took a break but luckily didn't gain any weight back. Not being able to go to the gym was hard and I didn't know what else to do as it was not warm enough to run outside and I am not a big fan of workout videos. Once June hit I was able to run outside and got back on track. I have lost 36 pounds and currently weigh 129lbs. I am extremely happy with my weight loss but I am not where I want to be. Since January 2021 I have only lost 6 pounds. I feel like my weight loss has plateaued so heavily and it's frustrating. I have been back in the gym since January so I was able to swim some but swimming tends to be an easier workout for me because I was a competitive swimmer. So I switched to running and strength training, focusing a little more on running to help shed the extra weight. My goal weight was originally 125 lbs as that would be a healthy BMI for me but now that I'm close I was thinking maybe 120 or 115 would be more where I want to be. But I can't lose any more weight. I have been stuck around 129-130 for months. I've tried a bunch of different things that are supposed to help break a plateau but none have worked. I'm starting to wonder if this is my body's way of telling me it's done losing weight? I still have a little pocket of fat on my abdomen that I'm not happy with which is why I want to continue to lose but I cant budge the number on the scale at all. I'm starting to consider just moving into maintenance and focusing on toning my muscles and getting stronger. Any advice is appreciated.

submitted by /u/ssoups44
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3x5PhZw

No comments:

Post a Comment