Monday, April 19, 2021

Artificial sugars & diet sodas were critical to my weight loss/maintenance. Since cutting them out for three weeks, I’m recognizing I may be sensitive to them. Any advice?

For three weeks straight I cut out all artificial sweeteners from my diet.

That meant no diet coke, no coke zero, no splenda, no equal.

I replaced all of the above with water, iced tea, and sparkling water.

By week four I was really missing my diet soda and my splenda and equal in my coffee every morning. I realized too that the sweeteners helped me eat less sugar versus more. I noticed after looking at myfitnesspal over the past three weeks that I'd eaten more addedsugar than ever before.

So, the next morning I decided to add some equal (aspartame) to my coffee, no more than two packets.

Maybe an hour or so later, I started feeling nauseous, headaches, etc.

I thought that was odd, but went on with my day despite my head really hurting. I had some splenda in my iced coffee later that day and noticed some bloating, a mild headache but not that bad.

I tried it again the next day, and soon after I drank a coke zero (aspartame) the headaches and nausea returned.

I know it has to do with artificial sweeteners because that is the ONLY thing that changed in my diet.

It seems splenda/sucralose doesn’t give me as much of a reaction as equal/aspartame does. Stevia, i’m not really a big fan of.

However, this whole experience is really leaving me bummed out because artificial sweeteners are the only things helping me not overeat on snacks and sweets.

Has this happened to anyone else? Anyone have some advice?

submitted by /u/chrysanthemym
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3efrL3V

No comments:

Post a Comment