Monday, April 5, 2021

Can’t seem to find my true caloric needs

First off I am 27 years old, between 180-190 pounds, 14% body fat, and 5’10”.

Back in September 2020 at 180 pounds I tried to go down to 2100 calories to hit my goal weight of 170. By the time December came around I was still weighing around 180. This could’ve been many factors such as not having a gym open and having to train with the limited amount of weights I have. I’m still not sure exactly what went wrong.

I came to the conclusion that I should just go back up to maintenance to reset, thinking that I dropped too low and it was causing me more stress, leading to weight retention.

I’ve tried all the calculators and my maintenance calories keep coming to between 2600-2800. I’ve tried my maintenance calories for about 2 months and gained 5 pounds.

My question is this, I want to experiment and see if I can figure out the MOST amount of calories I can have to drop weight, so that I do not drop too low. I was thinking about starting at my maintenance calories, and sticking there for 2-3 weeks while tracking the details such as sleep and the daily macros. If I do not see any change, I will drop 100-200 calories and then stick with those numbers for 2-3 weeks and track. I will basically continue that approach until I notice I lose about a pound a week and then continue with that until my weight loss stalls.

Does this seem like a good approach? I’m not going to do a crazy diet like zero carbs or anything like that at first. I want it to be a balanced macro split.

submitted by /u/HippieInSpace
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3fGSuIX

No comments:

Post a Comment