Thursday, April 8, 2021

[Century Club] April 8, 2021 - Have you lost or need to lose 100 lbs or more? Here’s a thread just for you!

I have often welcomed those who have lost 100+ lbs (~ 50 kg , ~7 stone) to “the club” and joked that club meetings were on Thursdays. I recently suggested that we try out having a regular weekly thread to talk about issues that are particular to those who have lost 100+ lbs, those who are well on their way and those who are just at the beginning of a journey this big.

Welcome back to the Century Club! Each week I will provide a topic of the day that has been on my mind or inspired by previous posts. However you are free to talk about any topics you think might be relevant to current and prospective club members.

Previous Topics: April Fools! - What didn't work? - Milestones - Seasonal changes - Is it worth it? - Surprising Food Facts - Mistakes were made - Time to Vent - Relief Valves - Seeing Objectively - Tips you hate - Fear and Self-Loathing - Starting - 2020 recap


Today's topic: Multiple Centuries

Thanks all for the laughs and some good stories on foods you avoid for allergy or other reasons last week. This week, I'm looking for input for folks who have or need to lose the weight of an average adult man (200 lbs) rather than that of a smaller woman (100 lbs).

This comes out of a discussion I was having with u/Moth-Seraph earlier this week about their journey which is just beginning. Right now their goal is to lose 200 lbs, to get from ~450 to ~250 lbs.

I approached my weight loss for the long haul, always with an eye on maintenance at goal weight and also in 15-20 lb segments. Kind of like the Tour De France. Many stages and trials that each brought different challenges and endurance was required at every step.

Even though it has been a 120 lb journey for me, each 15-20 lb segment was largely independent of the others. You need to lose 20 lbs before you can lose another 20 to reach 40 lbs lost, and 100 lbs lost before you can move to the next segment and aim to lose 200 lbs.

I took about a week between 15-20 lb./3-4 month stages to reassess where I was at before nudging my process appropriately.

So my question to all of you Super Centurions is: Is losing the second 100 lbs any different than losing the first 100 lbs? Did you make it all in one go without breaks or did you break up your journey into mini-goals and take extended breaks from the grind?

submitted by /u/SmilingJaguar
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39Tqy0M

No comments:

Post a Comment