Friday, April 16, 2021

Coping mechanisms to deal with binge eating?

Hey all.

So it’s a familiar story. I lost a bunch of weight, then quickly gained it back. It’s happened multiple times, and I experience this almost loss of control. I’m not sure of the reason aside from it being tied to my mental health and stress, and I work on taking care of myself in that department but of course you can’t control everything in life.

I know myself well and I am aware of trigger foods, habits that reinforce good decisions, what foods to eat that will keep me feeling full, I exercise 5 times a week and I try to not deprive myself of anything while finding a balance with not eating too much. During periods of weight loss I try to eat around 2100 calories a day (M/27/240 pounds), often ending up between there and 2500 (I allow some leeway because of my running).

Despite what I feel like are good habits and knowing myself well, periods of weight loss are almost inevitably followed by binging and gaining the lost weight back. Despite my best intentions I can’t seem to stop those binge periods despite feeling like I know what the steps are to stop the “spiral”.

I don’t mind gaining some weight back as weight loss isn’t linear, but it seems like I can’t control it until I’m back around my starting weight. It’s like I’m watching it happen and don’t do anything to stop it.

What are some good methods to pump the breaks if you will, and to not let binging periods get out of control?

submitted by /u/Lie4
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3agFwhD

No comments:

Post a Comment