Friday, April 16, 2021

How to keep motivation for longer than a month or two?

Long-time reader (literally for years now), and first-time poster.

I'm now 30 years old (M) an I've been overweight for as long as I can remember, and have been unhappy for the same amount of time. As is common for with loads of people who struggle with food and their weight, I go through periods of intense dieting, usually brought on by something that has happened in my life, or something that I've deemed at that moment to be finally big enough that I want to lose weight and turn my life around for.

I initially lose a lot of weight through CICO and daily exercise, and I feel super motivated weighing myself everyday and watching the scale go down, but it's always after about a month or two I somehow just lose all that motivation and go back to old habits of overeating and drinking. It's like my brain just flips a switch and blocks out the fact that I need to keep going, and convinces me that I can take a week off, which then turns to 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 2 months, a year...

My question to everyone who is on this journey, turning their lives around or successfully reached their goal and maintaining: how did you make weight loss stick? What did you do which made losing weight a lasting thing in your life, and how did you keep it up after a month or two?

I'm committed to a healthy lifestyle at the moment, but I feel like I can see me losing motivation like it's a movie I've seen before, and the thought of losing weight and then putting it all back on again and living the rest of my life in the constant yo-yo of unhappiness is so depressing.

Anyone who's been in this position and felt this way before? What finally clicked for you?

submitted by /u/sozzima
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mQVVhy

No comments:

Post a Comment