Friday, April 16, 2021

The weight loss plateau

Im a 27F, 5-6”. SW:161.4lbs CW:152.2lbs GW: 135-140lbs. I’m currently experiencing my first weight loss plateau. It’s been 2-3 weeks of the scale barely moving in either direction after an initial 8-10lb weight loss. And man is it annoying! I’m more posting here to review the situation myself and note the important things beyond the scale moving. Any tips you have are greatly appreciated.

On average I’m eating 1300-1400 calories a day. According to MFP I’m consistently under my weekly calorie goal. Technically I should be at 1300 per day but this often increases as I do exercise. Apple Watch tells me I’m burning 2200 on pretty much everyday. I’m not convinced of this and would wager it’s probably closer to 1900-2000. Renpho says my BMR is around 1500.

I am keeping active. I aim to burn 500 active calories on Apple Watch everyday. I’ve closed my rings for 2 months straight now. I’m walking close to 10,000 steps every day. I walk the dog at least twice and will add in a run, HIIT, strength or dance workout 6 out of the 7 days in a week.

I’m eating the same as normal. Less snacks that before. I have 3 main meals which are all weighed out and I eat smaller portions than my husband. Honestly I’m borderline hungry most days just now so I haven’t got more to give in this department. I allow myself one day a week to eat closer to 1600-1700 or more if I’m really feeling I need it. But I continue to exercise, especially on those days. I drink 1.5L of water everyday. I have one soft drink a week.

I have seen progress. Obviously the initial 10lbs were great. I have progress photos which show a change in my waist that I am happy with. It’s not what I want but it’s moving. My cardio fitness score has increased to above average and I know my body fat % has gone down. So has my BMI. The progress is there.

But I need it to start moving again. I can’t give much more than I currently give. I don’t have the gym to go to yet to bust more energy out on the treadmill or the weights. I have all I can do here.

submitted by /u/JustaGirl762
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3sizJ16

No comments:

Post a Comment