Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Does anyone else just not see their weight loss despite what the scale or waistband says?

Over the past decade or so I’ve occasionally been a healthy weight but mostly I’ve been mildly to moderately overweight (anywhere between 175lb and 220lb as 6’0 man of 33 but way more at the top end).

At Christmas I weighed about 215lb and committed to losing some of it. Today I weighed in at 195lb having not been below 200 in a few years. I’ve punched a new hole in my belt and managed to wear some jeans that haven’t seen much action recently. Yet I still feel fat and still think I look terrible. Even when I was down at 175lb and running half marathons for fun at a pace I never thought I’d achieve I felt like I was just doing well for a fat guy.

I feel like this is a psychological issue as much as anything but I have no idea how to go about improving it. I’ve always lacked confidence in my appearance and kinda laugh about being an ugly looking guy because it’s embarrassing to let on that I care about my appearance somehow but I’m starting to wonder if there’s something deeper at play here.

Sorry for the rambling post. TLDR: Did you still feel awful about yourself even after losing weight? How did you try and fix that?

submitted by /u/jimbo_bones
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3sEM9Ay

No comments:

Post a Comment