Saturday, April 3, 2021

Does QUALITY of calories matter when losing weight?

I am a 5"9.75' man. At the beginning of the year, I was ~206 pounds. My goal is to go down to 155 pounds. Starting January, I limited myself to around 1250 calories a day.

However, I am mostly eating ~1250 calories of junk food each day. I am eating LOTS of eggs and protein-rich burritos, but other than that, it's mostly been junk food.

Nevertheless, I lost a lot of weight in the beginning. From January to late February, my weight went down from ~206 to ~186. However, starting late February, I stopped losing weight for 2 weeks despite strictly limiting my calorie intake. I did some research and learned about "weight loss plateaus." One solution I read about was to increase calorie intake for a week and then go back to the original diet in order to allow your body to reset. I upped my calorie intake to ~1500-2000 calories a day for a week and my weight WENT DOWN from ~186 to ~185.

And then I continued my original diet of ~1250 calories a day and in a week, my weight went down from ~185 to ~182. However for the week after that, I continued the diet and my weight has only gone down from ~182 to ~181. And for the past three days, my weight has not really changed at all.

For ~1.5 weeks, I've only lost 1 pound.

Have I stopped losing weight despite the low amount of calories because of the terrible quality of the calories I am consuming?

Many of you guys have probably heard of the "Twinkie diet" where the guy ate mostly junk food but counted calories and still lost a lot of weight. Does that only work to a certain point? In order to continue to lose weight, should I change the quality of my calories? Did changing the quality of calories work for any of you guys?

submitted by /u/MaximaEt_Illustratum
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dBCMMF

No comments:

Post a Comment