Saturday, April 10, 2021

Every time I have failed to stick to a weight loss plan I seem to fold after 1-3 days. I think I have figured out why.

Like the title says, I - like lots of other people- keep going on an eating plan only to give in to temptations.

A little bit of background to me: 37, f, currently 257lbs (I was 220 before quarantine). I have recently discovered and am in the process of being diagnosed for ADHD.

Since discovering my ADHD, I realised that the search for dopamine is never ending, and it’s common for us types to binge eat as a way of getting that dopamine hit. This perfectly explains my obesity (I’m owing it to that at least). I also stopped exercising because I find gyms and exercising my myself to be unstimulating. I was ballroom dancing pre-covid but since haven’t been able to. My work also doesn’t allow me time off to do it.

ADHD’ers also commonly suffer from Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria- and I definitely do 100% of the time. I never feel like I’m good enough. This is something I plan to be talking to a psychologist about once I get diagnosed. But it also makes sense that past rejections have made me look to food as a non-judgemental dopamine hit. It’s a savage cycle.

I don’t know where else to go with this so I’ll end it here. I just wanted to get this out of my head and say that I’m trying to lose weight and perhaps the best way is CICO....or Keto....or South Beach.....or Pritikin......or Slim Fast.....or vegan.....or Jenny Craig.....or Weight Watchers! (Sorry, bit of adhd humour there)

Thank you kindly for listening to my brain fart!

submitted by /u/mayvslife
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3d5NFav

No comments:

Post a Comment