Friday, April 16, 2021

Feeling excited for a fresh start!

Hello everyone! First time posting here after being a long-time lurker. My current stats 30/F 5’6 295lbs. I’ve known I needed to make a change to my lifestyle for awhile but I guess you could say I just had a wake up call this past week. Unfortunately I was hospitalized with severe abdominal pain which turned out to be due to a gallbladder infection. I’m now on a strict low fat/high fiber medical diet and I’m awaiting my follow up appointment with a surgeon to find out if I need to have my gallbladder removed. While I was in the hospital I also found out I have hypertension. All of this information was so overwhelming to learn and at first I felt so ashamed. How did I let my weight get this out of control? I’m too young to have health problems like this! But instead of wallowing I’ve tried to turn my emotions into renewed motivation. I started researching CICO, downloaded a calorie counting app, ordered a food scale, a Fitbit and resistance bands. I also signed up for the Weight Loss Challenge (Go Team Sponge Bob!!) Thank you everyone in this amazing community for sharing your experience, strength and knowledge so openly. I wouldn’t have the courage to begin this journey without you. Here’s to a fresh start!!

submitted by /u/Eclectic_Nymph
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RwOTmA

No comments:

Post a Comment