Tuesday, April 20, 2021

finally seeing progress, but a bit concerned

hey there y'all, i'm indi! i've struggled with some disordered eating for most of my life, and am finally choosing good habits. i've dealt with binge eating disorder since i was a kid, and thus gained a ton of weight. when i weighed myself on march 17, 2021, i weighed 263.4 lbs.

i made a decision to turn my life around, and went completely paleo, went into a 20:4 fasting pattern along with occasional full-day fasts, went into a fodmap diet as well, and began working out consistently. i weighed myself again april 17, and am 240.6 lbs. that's 22.8 lbs down in a month, just from changing my eating habits and working out! i'm very proud of myself!

my only concern is future loose skin. my goal weight is around 120-130 lbs, as that's a healthy weight for my height and sex (5'6", female). so i'm still looking to lose about 110-120 lbs, and with how much weight dropped off of me in the first month, i'm concerned that if i keep losing 20 lbs a month i'm going to have a lot of loose skin. does anybody have any suggestions?

my skin isn't too loose right now; the places i'm most concerned about are my arms and stomach area. skin removal surgery is expensive, and i don't know how to slow down my weight loss!

either way, i'm pretty dang proud of myself for losing weight. my relationship with food is healthier now, and although i still have binge days, they're few and far between. i'm so proud of the progress i've made so far, and hope to continue to make progress.

submitted by /u/quinnaves
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3grO5tC

No comments:

Post a Comment