Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Is the ending of a relationship common with weight loss?

Hello all. For this question, I am hoping to hear more from people who have lost over 100 lbs (45 kg).

I have been through 2 divorces and both seem to have happened shortly after weight loss. For the first, it was my wife who had lost weight and then divorced me. To be honest, I wasn't too surprised by this because we had been married for 9 years but had already spent the last 2 of them living in different cities. By the time she had started to lose weight, we were working on things but it still felt pretty distant between us.

In my second marriage, it was a total surprise. This time it was me who had lost weight. I was very happy to have that weight gone and was looking forward to the things that my then wife and I could start doing. I was only about a third of the way through my journey when my wife comes home from a weekend trip to visit her family, and informed me that she wants a divorce. With this divorce, It has been extremely hard to keep myself going and I have gained back a lot of my weight (thankfully not all of it). She never really gave me a reason why, and had always seemed to be loving and caring towards me even after she left, so it has really been hard to believe that I had done something to make her feel unwanted or unloved by me. I have in fact spent the last 3 years dealing with a lot of depression with not having her in my life anymore. I have worried that maybe she left me in the thought that I would end up leaving her because I had lost weight (like my first ex had done with me), but I don't believe that I ever would have done so. I very much loved her and was looking forward to our lives together. That was honestly a big reason as to why I wanted to lose weight in the first place. I wanted to be able to be with her for as long as I could and didn't want my weight cutting things short.

So I am wondering if any of you who have lost a large amount of weight, have dealt with something similar where it felt like the marriage or long-term relationship was ending due to you or your partner's weight loss. If so, is there anything that you feel that you can suggest to others in how to stop this from happening

submitted by /u/Mymindisgone217
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32uJTkR

No comments:

Post a Comment