Tuesday, April 13, 2021

First time in 8 years I'm not obese!!!

A little about me, I am 197cm tall, 29 years old, and I was kind of fit throughout my teens but when I met my sons mom I started gaining weight, I was at 75kgs when I met her and when my son was born (I was 20) I was at 97kgs, and a few years later I was at 160kgs!!! Seriously I just wasn't happy, I convinced myself that it was ok if I die early, I will probably get to see my son be an adult.

When I saw how big I really was though, I couldn't believe it. I knew I was killing myself, but I looked like a huge ogre, kids were terrified of me haha! I eventually felt I wanted to go back to the old me, feeling good about myself, so at around 160kgs I started losing weight, but I was not serious, after 3 years of trying to lose weight I had only lost 25kgs, so I was still stuck at 135kgs. Sure, better... But I felt like I had failed super hard. I went back and forth between diet and eating junk.

This year though, things have changed drastically for me. We started a weight loss competition in our family since most of us are obese, or really heavy, between jan1 and apr1 and the loser had to eat something disgusting like pig brains, etc, and I wasn't going to lose to my baby brother. So I started limiting calories and I trained regularly, and I went from 135.3kgs to 119.5kgs and I won the competition with 0.1%, felt good! I decided not to stop though, because I am in a really good place right now, and when I force myself to train even when I dont want to I end up feeling a lot better than I did before I trained. And I also have a bet with a friend of mine that I have to weigh 100kg by july 16th, else I have to run around in a thong in my city for 3km and send it on instagram live. I'm not going to do that lol. My town is way too small and I dont want ppl coming up to be in the store commenting on my bum.

Anyways, today I weighed in at 116.2kgs, which means by bmi standards I am just below obesity level. I know that tomorrow I might be at 116.8kg and be obese again, but it still feels like, not really an accomplishment but rather a milestone in my journey. I know that this time I will actually get to a healthy weight, because I actually eat the right foods so even though I do feel hungry at times, its not nearly as bad as it used to be. And I also train even when I feel like making excuses for why I can't. That last reason is huge for me, and I think this is possible because I bought an exercise bike to have at home instead of going to the gym, so I just go to my room and start without thinking about it.

Training schedule: 50min on my bike 2x a day with one day rest every 2 weeks or 3 weeks.
Kcal consumption: 1600-2000 / day

Thoughts about that: Honestly I feel great doing this, but I know I really should start lifting weights, but I just strongly dislike weights but cardio is for the most part actually really fun for me. When I get into it I like seeing how far I can push it. I have giant sweat puddles on my floor after each session and I feel great. But my bmr is going down for sure and I will probably have more lose skin than I have to have. And maybe I am eating too few calories, Im not sure. I am losing weight rapidly as of late, in march I actually lost 9kgs which is a lot. So I might have to rethink my kcal consumption and possibly switch out one cardio session every other day for a full body workout at the gym with weights.

Please let me know your thoughts about this, do you think I'm heading down a bad path doing only cardio? Is my kcal too low? Please share from your own experience.

Regards

submitted by /u/BecomingaWarrior1152
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3teSLXu

No comments:

Post a Comment