Sunday, April 11, 2021

Getting real tired of my plateau. What else can I do?

2020 caused my weight loss to come to a grinding halt as my gym was shut for 6 months and I ended up putting on 7kgs due to stress eating my way through a massive lockdown. Honestly, I plateaued way before that and haven't been able to fall below 87kgs since the end of 2019.

Where I live is basically free of the pandemic, so I can go out and do whatever I please. I've been taking advantage of this, going out nice places to walk and I returned to the gym last month. I try to do an equal amount of cardio and weights.

I've also begun the huge task of tackling my snacking at work and aside from a few slip-ups, it's been going better than I imagined. My job allows me to get a lot of steps in (tracked by my fitbit), so it's advantageous. Myfitnesspal is also my new best friend and I've been staying below or around my calorie deficit every day apart from Easter Sunday where I indulged in chocolate. That was my only bad day in quite a while.

I don't have sugary drinks, only tea with almond milk and a sugar-free coke once every few days. I eat a piece of fruit between meals. My weaknesses are bread and pasta, so I buy the lowest carb bread possible and use black bean pasta instead. Every meal is made in far smaller portions than what I used to consume at my highest weight of 125kgs.

I'm doing everything I can think of, but the weight has not and will not budge in the slightest. Any advice is appreciated. At this point, after losing 40kgs under my own willpower, it might be time to broach the idea of gastric sleeve surgery with my doctor.

Edit: Since it's been asked, I've been stuck between the same 5kg range for over a year, I try to enter everything into myfitnesspal as accurately as I can, I don't currently weigh my servings (but I promise they are not huge in the slightest), and my caloric intake is based on what myfitnesspal set, which I know probably isn't the best thing to go with.

submitted by /u/minstrel4077
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3g2CyAS

No comments:

Post a Comment